The 7th Annual Lake Lenore Lions Ice Fishing Derby
Saturday, January 16 2016
IMPORTANT LOCATION CHANGE: The fishing derby will be at the small lake boat launch. Please access via road from west off 777, not on south access road for registration purposes. We will allow vechiles to drive on lake to setup but once setup all vehicles must be parked off the ice in the designated parking areas. You may return with vehicles after the derby ends. THIS WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK! We apologize for this inconvenience however safety is our top priority! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-368-2338 for more info.
Registration 8:00 am - Fishing 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Catch and Release Only - Walleye, Northern Pike and Perch
Entry fee $40 / person (pre-registration) or $50 / person day of event
Pre-register by calling Alan Silzer at 368-2338 between 8-5 Mon-Fri.
Lunch and drinks available for purchase on the lake.
GREAT PRIZES! Over $10,000 of prizes, all entries are eligible for prizes.
PLUS 15 Entries will be drawn for a chance to win $10,000 cash!
50% Cash payout (1st 50%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15%, smallest 10%)
$500 Bonus for largest Walleye - Horizon Fertilizers
$250 Largest Perch Prize – Hillside Gravel
Guaranteed 50/50 of at least $1000
Power Ice Auger - CMI Terminal
Ice fishing flasher - Bourgault Tillage Tools
Ice fishing gear package - Cabela's Canada
6 Person Ice Fishing tent - Lake Lenore Co-op Agro
$250 Cabela's Gift Card - Richardson Pioneer
Bag of Pioneer Canola Seed - Gerwing Ag Ventures
Bag of Invigor L252 Canaola Seed, Jug of Prosaro – Bayer Crop Science
Bradley Original Smoker – Dekalb
ALL KIDS OF ALL AGES ON THE ICE, MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAID IN FULL
- Area will be marked off where fishing is permitted.
- After you register you will be permitted to set-up your ice shack and drill your holes….but you are NOT ALLOWED to put your lines in the water until the start time. Anyone found with lines in the water before the start time WILL BE DISQUALIFIED with no refund and not allowed in designated derby area.
- Fishing starts with a horn signal at 10:00 AM and ends with a horn signal at 2.00 PM.
- At 9:45 AM everyone must be out of their ice shacks. Everyone will start from one of the three flagged areas which ever is closest to their holes. You can also stand outside the boundary close to your hole if you prefer.
- No trucks, snow toboggans or ATV’s are allowed in the fishing area, they must be parked in the designated parking areas.
- Drill your own holes, paid entrants are permitted 2 holes no more than 10 meters apart.
- If you decide to move, your previous holes are available to any other fishermen.
- Fishing huts and electronics are allowed.
- All Sask. Fishing regulations will apply.
- Authorities will be around at the start and throughout the day to check out shacks, holes and lines.
- Fishermen must keep the fish alive in a large bucket or preferably a cooler when brought to the weigh station. The fish MUST be released alive to be entered.
- All dead fish must be brought to weigh station also.
- After catching a fish bring it to the trailer or a flagged vehicle where someone will assist you with your fish to the weigh station.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Unregistered people cannot fish in registered people’s holes anywhere is the designated area.
- Registration numbers must be visible at all times.
- Participants must be in line at the weigh station when the horn goes to end the derby, in order for fish to be eligible.
- All prizes and donations will be awarded, we will draw for these in the event that no fish are caught.
- Bring all fish caught to weigh station, regardless of size since there will be extra prices drawn randomly.
- All registered fisherman are eligible to win prizes throughout the day & at the awards presentation following the derby, so be sure to attend for your chance to collect a prize.
- NO PRIZES for first &/or last fish caught during the derby.
- 15 random names will be drawn for a chance to roll a dice to spell F-I-S-H and win $10,000! Only one person may win $10,000.
Fishing huts, heaters, and electronics are allowed!
Official Rules and Prizes sheet to be handed out upon registering.
Lake Lenore Co-op Agro
Bourgault Tillage Tools
Pioneer Seeds - Gerwing Ag Ventures
Bayer Crop Science
Affinity Credit Union - LL Branch
LL Grocery Co-op and Greenhouse
L & J Voz Trucking
Hergott Farm Equipment
Fly On Ag
Grain Bags Canada
D Classen Concrete Pumping
Shaw Building Movers
Pines Power Sports Marine – Melfort
Strueby Plumbing and Heating
Jamie Haeusler Construction
Last year we had 525 entries and first prize was $5620! Hope to see you out and thank you for supporting the Lake Lenore Lions Club! Check back often for more prize information.